Mockridge Park redevelopment
Update March 2021
Thank you to everyone who contributed feedback to the proposed redevelopment plans at Mockridge Park.
We received more than 20 online submissions via our website, six attendees to the online drop-in sessions, and a number of supportive comments on Facebook. Suggestions included:
- Additional shade and shelter to be considered
- Positioning of the new clubrooms
- Potential for school use during the day
- Naming of the facility to be considered
At its February meeting, Council decided to support an application to Sport and Recreation Victoria's Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program for $3.51 million. If successful, a contribution of $390,000 would need to be provided by Council in the 2021-2022 financial year. See full report here(PDF, 936KB)
It is important to note this project cannot proceed without State Government funding. We expect to know the outcome of the grant application by June 2021.
The Mockridge Park redevelopment proposal includes:
- Install a synthetic pitch for hockey and soccer
- Upgrade existing velodrome
- New lighting
- Install new female friendly changerooms
- New function centre