Where abundant lifestyle options are yours to experience and explore. We extend a warm welcome to all new residents to the area.
Strong and friendly communities amongst charming historic towns provide a sense of place in wide open spaces.
Coastal flavours aplenty along the Great Ocean Road, home of the iconic 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge. Surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving are a must when visiting the striking beaches in Port Campbell and Princetown. Delicious gourmet treats of cheese, malt whiskey, handcrafted wine, snails, fine ice-cream, chocolate and strawberries are sure to delight on the 12 Apostles Gourmet Trail.
Inland from the 12 Apostles Coast you will find Australia's largest Volcanic Plain. The remnants of this ancient volcanic field can be seen in the form of ancient Volcanoes and Lakes scattered in the landscape. Views from Mt Leura (Camperdown), Mt Noorat (Terang) or Mt Elephant (Derrinallum) on a still winter’s morning reveal a tapestry of green pasture and deep crystal pools. Water sports abound, with many of lakes being havens for boating, waterskiing, swimming and fishing.
Anglers and lovers of scenery will appreciate Lake Purrumbete or Lake Ellingamite. Bird and wildlife lovers explore Lake Bookaar and Ralph Illidge Sanctuary. Antique collectors will love the hard to find relics in the vintage shops in our towns. There is a little something for everyone.
New residents to Corangamite Shire are welcome to request a Welcome to Corangamite Kit, which provides a wide variety of information on Council's services to assist with the transition to your new home.
The list below outlines what you may expect to find in the Welcome to Corangamite Kit:
- Welcome Letter from the Mayor
- Corangamite Shire- Guide to our Services
- Your Rates brochure
- Tourism Brochures: 12 Apostles & Volcanic Lakes and Plains
- Corangamite Shire Annual Calendar
- 12 Apostles Artisans Trail Map
- Corangamite News: Quarterly Publication
Your handy guide to Council's services.(PDF, 3MB)
SECTION 1: ABOUT CORANGAMITE SHIRE
- Report a problem or make a request
- About Corangamite
- Council and Your Councillors
- Organisational Structure
- Council Grants and Awards
- Festivals and Events
SECTION 2: INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SERVICES
- Aged and Disability Services
- Family and Children's Services
- Young People
- Arts, Culture and Recreation
- Local Laws and Animal Control
- Public Health
- Support Services for People in Corangamite Shire
- Planning and Building Services
- Rates and Valuations
- Waste and Recycling
- Roads, Footpaths and Drainage
- Business, Industry and Tourism
- Community Planning
We endeavour to ensure all information is accurate at the time of printing (September 2021).
However, some details may have changed since printing.
We recommend you check our website for up-to-date information.