The original Imagining Camperdown community plan was developed through the latter half of 2012 and settled upon in January 2013. It was based on town survey (drawing 164 responses), desk research, a Soapbox event and a public meeting in October. An estimated 177 people contributed 231 ideas, which were sifted through and ranked to provide a list of 14 priorities.
The priorities in Imagining Camperdown were reviewed at a public meeting on 17 June 2015, with a follow up survey. Seventy-eight (78) people participated in the confirmation and resetting of priorities.
Camperdown’s top priorities include:
- Maintain the Tourist Information Centre (in process)
- Restore Botanic Gardens and Arboretum (in process)
- Develop tourist information (in process)
- Develop business and industry (ongoing)
- Complete Camperdown Playspace (completed)
- Improve town entrances and signage
- Establish a Gallery/ Performance space/ Arts hub