The original Port Campbell Action Plan was developed through the latter half of 2012. One hundred and four (104) people either submitted their ideas through a town survey or prioritised them at a public meeting on 23 January 2013. One hundred and seventy-five (175) ideas were put forward and aggregated under seven themes.
The Port Campbell community plan lists 30 priorities for township development to 2023. Only a couple have been completed or commenced, but some of the major ones are being initiated through the Victorian Government. A review of the Port Campbell Action Plan has commenced.
Current top priorities include:
- Make new and improved walking/ cycling tracks (planned)
- Build Hot Pool/ Spa
- Reinstate Swing Bridge/ Two Mile walk (commenced)
- More car parking (completed in part)
- Apply development overlays
- Erect welcoming signage (commenced)
- Develop community cultural events (completed in part)
- Improve public transport services
- Upgrade streetscape (planning work commenced)