Injured or dead animals


If you find an injured domestic animal or livestock, contact us on 5593 7100.  Do not try to help the animal yourself as it might be in pain and can be unpredictable.

Injured wildlife

There are numerous options for reporting injured wildlife.

You can also contact your local vet within the Shire.

Dead animals

Dead animals are usually handled by either VicRoads or Council. However, some dead animals such as cattle, sheep and horses, can be a life-threatening danger to motorists and must be reported immediately to police.

Call the police on triple zero (000) if you see a dead animal in a location that might be a danger to other people. Otherwise you can report dead animals to Council on 5593 7100.