Rates Pensioner Rebate

Am I eligible for a rebate or concession?

Pensioner Rate rebates are available and funded by the State Government.  If you have a current Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card, or a DVA Repatriation Health Card specifying 'War Widow' or 'TPI', you may be eligible for a concession on your rates.  A Health Care Card is insufficient.

The rate rebate available is 50% of rates and charges capped at a maximum of $253.20 for 2023-2024.  A maximum $50 rebate also applies to the Fire Services Property Levy.

The address for which you seek a rate concession must be the same as on your pension card, and you must use the property for residential purposes.

To gain a concession, a signed application form must be lodged with Council.

For more information about applicable concessions, please visit Department of Human Services/Concessions.

Download the Municipal Rate Concession form or collect one from the Shire office.