Environment Support Grants Program | 2023-2024 program now closed.
The Environmental Grants provide financial assistance to incorporated community groups, organisations and individuals to undertake environmental and sustainability projects on public and private land within Corangamite Shire.
What types of things are funded through Environmental Grants?
- Climate change related projects (e.g. projects that focus on carbon emission reductions, closed loop systems, energy conservation & waste reduction)
- Sustainable agriculture projects (e.g. regenerative and innovative farm practices, reducing use of fertilizers and herbicides/pesticides, resource recovery and reducing farm waste)
- Weed control to protect and enhance environmental assets
- Protection and enhancement of remnant native vegetation
- An increase in the extent, condition and connectivity of native vegetation
- Improvements to soil health and water quality
- Waste reduction and education
- Increased community understanding of environmental and sustainability issues
Projects from incorporated community groups who wish to improve the energy and/or water efficiency of community facilities are also eligible to apply.
We encourage you to contact Council's Environment Project Officer to discuss your application prior to applying.
- Funding is offered on a $1 for $1 basis up to $3,000 to incorporated community groups, organisations and individuals to undertake environmental and sustainability projects on public and private land within Corangamite Shire.
For further enquiries, please contact the Shire on 03 5593 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquittals for any previous Council grants you have received must be completed to be eligible for current or future grant rounds. Please complete your acquittal via the link below:
The 2023-2024 funding round closed on Sunday 28 May at 5 pm.
|17 April 2023
|28 May 2023
|Applications and funding awarded by Council
|July 2023 Council Meeting
|Applicants informed of the success of their application
|Successful applicants receive funding.
| All projects completed and final report due
|May 31, 2024