Environment Support Grants Program | Round 2 CLOSED
Applications for Round 2 of the Environment Grants Program have now closed. If you have missed this round, grants will open again during April and May this year and we encourage you to apply, please contact Council’s Environment Project Officer to discuss your project ideas.
The Environmental Grants provide financial assistance to incorporated community groups, organisations and individuals to undertake environmental and sustainability projects on public and private land within Corangamite Shire.
What types of things are funded through Environmental Grants?
- Climate change related projects (e.g. projects that focus on carbon emission reductions, closed loop systems, energy conservation & waste reduction)
- Sustainable agriculture projects (e.g. regenerative and innovative farm practices, reducing use of fertilizers and herbicides/pesticides, resource recovery and reducing farm waste)
- Weed control to protect and enhance environmental assets
- Protection and enhancement of remnant native vegetation
- An increase in the extent, condition and connectivity of native vegetation
- Improvements to soil health and water quality
- Waste reduction and education
- Increased community understanding of environmental and sustainability issues
Projects from incorporated community groups who wish to improve the energy and/or water efficiency of community facilities are also eligible to apply.
We encourage you to contact Council's Environment Project Officer to discuss your application prior to applying.
- Funding is offered on a $1 for $1 basis up to $2,500 to incorporated community groups, organisations and individuals to undertake environmental and sustainability projects on public and private land within Corangamite Shire.
For further enquiries, please contact the Shire on 03 5593 7100 or email email@example.com
Applications for 2022-2023 Round 2 funding rounds opened Saturday 5 November and closed Saturday 17 December.
||5 November 2022
||17 December 2022
|Applications and funding awarded by Council
||February 2023 Council Meeting
|Applicants informed of the success of their application
|Successful applicants receive funding.
|| March/April 2023
| All projects completed and final report due
||January 31, 2024