Support for flood-affected farmers

If you are a farmer that has been impacted by the recent flooding, contact Agriculture Victoria on 1800 226 226 to report any losses and damage. This includes damage related to any type of flooding, such as riverine flooding, flash-flooding or inundation of land.
There are several financial support packages available to assist flood-affected farmers. Further details on these can be found below, on the Rural Finance website or by contacting Rural Finance on 1800 260 425.
Council is partnering with Landmate to provide crews to assist flood affected properties. If you need help with clearing flood debris and repairing or replacing fences, please contact Council on 5593 7100.
Please note that this is not a full list of assistance available and may be subject to change. Please call our Emergency Team on 5593 7100 if you have questions about your eligibility or need assistance to complete an application. 
Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)  

The disaster recovery allowance (DRA) is for employees and sole traders who lose income because of a major disaster. You can get payments for up to 13 weeks after the disaster happens. These payments are taxable. 

For more information click here.

Victorian Primary Producer Flood Recovery Grants 

The Primary Producer Recovery Grants is a payment of up to $75,000 to primary producers directly affected by the floods to help them clean up, re-establish their properties, and get their businesses up and running again. 

The grants will help pay for activities including: 

  • removal and disposal of debris and injured or dead livestock 
  • replacing or repairing essential equipment 
  • fixing and replacing fencing 
  • buying fodder, water and water storage 
  • salvaging damaged crops, grain or feed 
  • hiring or purchasing materials to clean up a property or equipment 

For more information click here

Victorian Rural Landholder Grants  

The Rural Landholder Grants provides up to $25,000 for eligible primary producers that have a smaller-scale Primary Production Enterprise and do not qualify for the Primary Producer Recovery Grants. The grants will support clean-up and recovery costs. 

This grant covers activities like the removal and disposal of debris and injured or dead livestock, replacing or repairing essential equipment, fixing and replacing fencing, buying fodder, water and water storage, salvaging damaged crops, grain or feed, and hiring or purchasing materials to clean up a property or equipment. 

For more information click here.

Victorian Primary Producer Flood Recovery Transport Support Program  

If you own stock and require transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and moving stock to agistment, sale or slaughter you may be eligible to claim 50 per cent of transport costs, up to $15,000. 

For more information click here.

Concessional loans 

Eligible primary producers whose properties have been directly impacted can apply for concessional loans of up to $250,000. 

These loans can help pay for: 

  • restoring or replacing damaged assets 
  • general expenses incurred while the clean-up is underway 

The approved loan amount will be determined by Rural Bank (a division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank) in accordance with estimated damage costs and the ability to repay the loan and provide adequate security and must satisfy Rural Bank lending policies, responsible lending standards and the Banking Code of Practice. 

For more information click here.