Corangamite Shire's Youth Development Officer works closely with young people between the ages of 12-25 years to help develop and build on skills as well as promote active participation in the municipality.
Our role is:
- To genuinely support young people to respond to issues, develop ideas and implement the projects and activities they are interested in
- Provide the time and resources to help young people develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to articulate what they want to do, and empower them to achieve it
- A strong collaboration between workers and young people
- Be highly flexible in our approach to working with young people - including understanding young people's needs for appropriate meeting times, allocating tasks, meeting formats, etc.
- Understand the diverse needs of young people involved in activities
- Create welcoming, safe and respectful environments where young people can feel a sense of belonging
- Deliver programs that are culturally appropriate
- Utilise the interests of young people to engage them in creative and relevant programs
- Understand the issues of importance to young people in their local area, and
- Build strong partnerships with other local organisations to maximise young people's participation and development in the community
Click on the links below to find out more about the exciting programs and activities we are working on in partnership with young people, their families and local communities.
Need more information?
Youth Development Officer
Phone: 03 5593 7105