Corangamite Shire's Youth team work closely with young people between the ages of 12-25 years to help develop and build on skills as well as promote active participation in the municipality.
Youth Projects videos
Council is committed to:
- Genuinely support young people to respond to issues, develop ideas and implement the projects and activities they are interested in
- Provide the time and resources to help young people develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to articulate what they want to do, and empower them to achieve it
- Be a strong collaboration between workers and young people
- Be highly flexible in our approach to working with young people - including understanding young people's needs for appropriate meeting times, allocating tasks, meeting formats, etc.
- Understand the diverse needs of young people involved in activities
- Create welcoming, safe and respectful environments where young people can feel a sense of belonging
- Deliver programs that are culturally appropriate
- Utilise the interests of young people to engage them in creative and relevant programs
- Understand the issues of importance to young people in their local area, and
- Build strong partnerships with other local organisations to maximise young people's participation and development in the community
Need more information?
Facebook page: Corangamite Shire Youth Services