Corangamite Shire Council (Council) is preparing the Camperdown Production Precinct Servicing Masterplan (Masterplan). This arises from the Corangamite Shire Industrial Strategy, recommending the need for a high-quality Business Park in Camperdown, and recently supported by the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) with funding as part of the Victorian Streamlining for Growth Program 2021/22.
The Camperdown Production Precinct is located on Old Geelong Road, north of Camperdown township and south of Lake Colongulac. Council seeks to support and build on the strength of the Shire’s agricultural sector, with large dairy and grain manufacturers.
Purpose of the Masterplan
The Camperdown Production Precinct Masterplan will provide the Council, community, and landowners/ businesses with the vision, direction and implementable actions required, to enable the long-term growth and management of the industrial estate.
It will be used to coordinate future business, especially in relation to design and servicing, as well as provide opportunities to seek funding and investment opportunities. This will ultimately allow for the provision of a high-quality and sustainable business park that will support local industrial sectors and encourage new business to the Shire.
The following is a preliminary vision for the Camperdown Production Precinct Servicing Masterplan. It highlights the importance of the precinct to the Shire and provides direction for it to evolve. It is a working vision that requires community and stakeholder feedback.
"A future-oriented precinct promoting innovative manufacturing and industrial opportunities, value-adding food and fibre industries and underpinned by sustainable value creation.”
The principles underlying the Masterplan are:
- Provision of adequate land that is ‘development ready’ to meet future requirements for expansion of the industrial estate and existing businesses.
- Protection of the landscape and environmental values that surround the site and contribute to the character of Camperdown.
- Protection of any known Traditional Cultural and European heritage values within and surrounding the site.
- Provision of landscaping and built form guidelines that enhances the visual amenity of the estate and positively contributes to the surrounding rural character.
- Incorporating integrated water management systems that support the existing environmental characteristics of the site, while providing opportunities for sustainable water re-use.
- Supporting renewable energy options that enhance business operations and provide sustainable energy generation.
- Acknowledging the importance of existing businesses, as well as the dairy farming industry in the expansion of the industrial estate.
- Supporting job creation and a diverse economy within the Shire.
- Contributing to an integrated movement network that improves access to links the precinct with the Camperdown town centre.
Have your say
The consultation period has now closed.
Feedback received included identifying the need to manage the impact of truck movements, ensuring the environment is well-cared for, and a desire to focus on sustainability. Prioritising residential development to cater for workers was a key theme, as was safety (i.e. access/movement), affordability for businesses, and a need to attract investment.
Thank you to all who provided feedback. The feedback received will be incorporated into the Draft Masterplan, which is expected to be completed in the first half of 2023.