Tandarook Park


The delightful garden setting of Tandarook Park shows the environmental benefit of rehabilitation of the old brick quarry which then became the rubbish tip, and finally . . . Tandarook Park.

Originally bush land, the land had been purchased by local builder Mr H.H. Clarke who engaged Englishmen and well known potter and brickmaker Mr Gravitt as manager. Operations commenced on this site in October 1908 making the famous Cobden red brick. However the clay ran out causing the closure of the quarry a few years later. Three Cobden houses were built using the local red brick.

Rubbish Tip
The locals used the site in the gully as the Cobden tip until 1984. Problems with health concerns, vermin and smoke led to the relocation of this facility.

The foresight of a small group of locals has seen this sight transformed into the magnificent TANDAROOK PARK. Work began in 1989 on the transformation with the assistance from the shire of Heytesbury and many local volunteers and organisations. Today the park is a wonderful asset for the town and is host to many family gatherings and weddings. The celebration of the 1992 Cobden Connection in our town is commemorated with a stone and plaque in the park.


  • Toilets
  • Barbecue


Bookings for Tandarook Park can be made online here


Victoria St, Cobden 3266  View Map

Google Map