The Ed Gym program is an active and structured gymnastics based program for pre-school aged children which promotes a range of learning opportunities in a friendly and safe environment. It is a weekly, one hour class offered in Camperdown and Terang, and once a term in Skipton that features a range of opportunities for pre-school aged children including:
- Physical activity
- Structured gymnastic based program
- Developmental benefits
- Play and socialization
- Fun and independence
- Safe environment
- Achieving at own level
Our team of staff aim to provide an exciting, fun-filled and challenging experience for all participants AND parents.
Ed Gym classes 2019 operate during school terms as follows:
- Camperdown: Wednesdays 9.15am and 10.30am
- Terang: Thursdays 9.30am
- Skipton: Once per term. Contact Recreation Development Officer for further details (see below)
Fees per class are $5.70 for 1 child, $10.20 for 2 children, and $14.00 for 3 children from the same family.
No. One of the many benefits of the Ed Gym program is that you get to be involved. Your involvement is essential to ensuring your child gains maximum benefit from the program. From our observations it is evident that children will:
- Naturally seek challenges to test themselves,
- Take risks in an attempt to master new skills,
- Not necessarily seek adult attention or assistance when combating these new challenges.
As such, all parents are encouraged to be involved with their children’s participation at Ed Gym and actively supervise their involvement. We ask that you stay close to your child, i.e. arms distance, as they navigate the equipment. Enjoy watching your child learn and discover new skills!
For further information contact Corangamite Shire on 03 5593 7100.