Family Day Care is:
Corangamite Shire Council is committed to providing high quality programs that nurture children’s development in positive environments.
- Personal - low educator to child ratios ensure no more than 4 pre-school children (total of 7 children) are cared for by the educator at ay one time. Each child receives individual attention, which is so important in these early years.
- Flexible - dependent on individual arrangements, available 52 weeks of the year, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Safe - all educators and homes must meet the strict safety standards of the Early Years Education and Law Act, Regulations and National Quality Standards.
- Affordable - a range of commonwealth childcare benefits are available.
- A great income opportunity - determine your own income and hours, working in the comfort of your own home, no travel time or cost.
For further information regarding our Family Day Care services, please contact us either at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 5593 7100.
The aim of the Corangamite Shire Council Family Day Care is to support high quality childcare that meets the individual needs of both families and children, in a safe and caring environment.
Corangamite Shire Family Day Care Service educators and coordination unit staff are committed to ensuring that:
A sense of belonging is created through nurturing that provides a happy, safe homelike environment where everyone can feel comfortable.
Children are supported and encouraged on a journey of development, becoming the person they have the potential to be through stimulating, individual and group interactions and experiences provided allowing:
- Safe play and exploration
- Developing self-worth
Being is recognised and valued through the harmonious, flexible, respectful relationships we create and develop, nourishing and encouraging the essence of every individual.
We value and encourage:
- Respect between all people,
- Equity for everyone,
- Inclusion of diversity and cultural background,
- Team culture and privacy and confidentiality.
Who will be caring for my child?
Corangamite Shire Family Day Care - a flexible approach to meeting childcare needs in Corangamite.
Family Day Care promotes strong relationships and community involvement which is nurtured as children bond with their educator and use local resources such as parks, playgrounds, libraries, YAK, and shops.
Learning through play! Family Day Care educators use learning opportunities in daily routines and play to plan a program that meets each child’s individual strengths, interests, and development.
Family Day Care has groups of up to four preschool children, and three school aged children in a family home or home like location. Operating under the same national regulations as kindergarten and long day care, individual qualified educators provide a stable environment for children.
Qualified coordination unit staff provide educational leadership, monitoring, resources and support for both educators and families. The coordination unit is also responsible for administration and accountability of timesheets, accounts and government subsidies.
Our target is to have a network of carefully selected, qualified educators available throughout the shire.
How do I apply?
Please contact our Family Day Care coordination unit either via email email@example.com or phone on 5593 7100 and submit a registration for enrolment online.
Is Family Day Care available near me?
Family Day Care venues are located in most of the towns within the Shire as indicated by the red star on the map.
Need more information?
The Australian Government has produced some very helpful fact sheets and can be downloaded from their website or you can ask our Family Day Care coordination unit and they will provide copies for you.
Family Day Care is an alternative to centre-based care in which Family Day Care Educators care for children in their own homes, sometimes alongside their own families.
Interested in becoming a Family Day Care Educator?
Register your interest