How do I get approval to install a wastewater system?
The application process requires that the following information must be submitted to Council:
- A completed, signed application form
- Lodgement of 2016/2017 application fee of $482 for a new wastewater system or $375 for an alteration to an existing system
- A locality plan
- A site plan of the proposed installation
- A copy of the site Land Capability Assessment (if applicable). Please see the Land Capability Assessment Guidelines below for further information.
The Environmental Health Officer (EHO) performs as many as three (3) inspections of each system installed. These inspections include:
- An initial site inspection after receipt by Council of the application
- An inspection of the septic tank during the installation process
- A final inspection when the system is completed
After the final inspection, the EHO will ask for a Plumbers Industry Certificate of Compliance. Once this has been received, an Approval to Use will be issued. Please read this Approval to Use carefully and abide to its conditions.
It is your responsibility to manage the wastewater from your septic system and/or treatment plant!