Documents and identification

How do I replace key documents destroyed in the fire?

The Australian Registries of Births, Deaths and Marriages will replace certificates that were lost in the recent bushfires, free of charge.

You can call the Department of Justice on 03 5215 8500 and they will mail the forms to you.

What if my drivers' licence was lost in the fires?

If you've been affected by the South West Complex Fire March 2018 VicRoads can:

  • refund your remaining registration without any admin fees for any fire damaged vehicles or,
  • replace your licence/learner permit/marine licence card for free.

Visit the VicRoads website for more information.

What if I’ve lost my phone?

Telstra assistance package

Please contact Claire from Telstra on 03 9597 6661 if you need your phone replaced due to fires.

Telstra will provide free and interim services to its customers residential and small business customers who lost services due to the South West Complex Fire March 2018.

Customers who have had to evacuate their home or have lost their home are encouraged to call Telstra on 132 203 to register for the assistance package if they have had to evacuate their home or have lost their home.