Swimming pools and spas

A building permit is required for the construction of all safety barriers, and all in ground and above ground pools and spas (including inflatable and relocatable pools and spas) that can hold more than 300mm of water in depth. 

To find out more about your obligations and requirements Contact a Building Officer, visit the Victorian Building Authority to view all building regulations relating to swimming pools, spas and their safety barriers and explore the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Victoria’s website.