Corangamite Shire is proposing to sell the land identified as Lot 2 to Lot 8 and Lot 30, being part of the land known as 5 and 17 Curdies Road, Timboon (lots).
The proposal is that each of the Lots:
- will be offered for sale to the public via an expression of interest sale process; and
- will be sold for the current market value;
- As a restriction through contract of sale, the qualifying purchasers must construct a dwelling within two (2) years or other agreed time frames; and
- Preference will be given to purchasers qualifying to following key worker eligibility criteria:
- Earn a gross income of $130,348 or less per annum for individuals, or $208,775 or less per annum for joint applicants.
- Employed in eight key worker industries as follows:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Education and Training
- Retail Trade
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services;
If you would like make a submission on this proposal, please provide it in writing by 5 pm Wednesday 18 October. Submissions should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Corangamite Shire Council, PO Box 84, Camperdown 3260.
Any person who has made a submission and has requested to be heard in support of their written submission is entitled to appear in person or to be represented by a person specified in the submission before the Council, the day, time and place of which will be advised in writing.
Council will consider any written submissions and following consideration of submissions, Council may resolve to sell or not to sell the Lots.
Further information regarding Council’s intention to consider the sale of Lots can be obtained by contacting, Pulkit Pahwa, Project Manager-Unlocking Housing Timboon on 5593 7100.