Corangamite Shire’s $45 million Draft Budget 2019-2020 delivers a $1.2 million operating surplus while complying with the State Government’s rate cap with a 2.5% rate increase.
In a windfall for ratepayers, the waste management charge will decrease by 4.72% per property, which includes a $19 per household adjustment due to lower-than-expected costs associated with the global recycling crisis in 2018-2019.
The draft allocates $14.8 million for new assets, asset upgrades and renewals.
Download the full document here.(PDF, 3MB)
- Roads ($8.2 million) – including rehabilitation, roads to recovery projects, resheeting and resealing.
- Parks and gardens ($1.5 million) – including Stage 1 of the Timboon - Port Campbell trail
- Buildings ($1.4 million) – including the Port Campbell toilet block, swimming pool upgrades and ongoing maintenance of buildings.
- Plant and Equipment ($1.7 million) – including ongoing cyclical replacement of the plant and vehicle fleet and upgrade and replacement of information technology
- Grants ($367,500)
- Quick Response Grants ($17,500)
- Community Grants Funding ($50,000)
- Community Planning township allocations ($30,000)
- CBD Façade Improvement Program ($50,000)
- Facility Grants—including design grants ($80,000)
- Environment Support Grants ($30,000)
- Events & Festival Funding ($60,000)
- Business Incentive Grant Program ($50,000)
- Population and Migration Attraction Project ($100,000)
- Incubator Hub Study ($100,000)
- Derrinallum Streetscape Project ($200,000)