Following on from earlier consultation with the Cobden community Council has developed concept plans for the next stage in the streetscape works.
The plans will be available for comment over the next four weeks. After community members have shared their feedback, detailed designs will be finalised and tenders sought for the work. Construction is expected to happen early next year.
Proposed works include:
- Address slippery surfaces
- Improve outstands
- New and upgraded accessible car parking spaces
- Directional signage at roundabout
- Directional signage for long vehicle parking at Apex Park
- Hinged banner poles
- Creative street furniture
- Wider car spaces
- Curdie Street
- additional seating and replacement
- footpath replacement
- upgraded plantings
- street art
- Victoria Street
- footpath and kerb and channel renewal
- removal of trees and development of nature strip on east side (Curdie Street to Silvester Street)
- Adams Street
- additional car parks, including for long vehicles
Please provide feedback on the concept designs.
Submissions close Friday 6 November.