What are we doing?
Council is preparing the Cobden Structure Plan and are continuing to get feedback from the Cobden community to assist with the preparations. The Plan will identify how Cobden will change and grow over the next 15-20 years.
A structure plan for Cobden will ensure land use planning and development is meeting community needs and maximising opportunities for sustainable growth in Cobden. The Plan will build on what is good about Cobden whilst also considering regional growth strategies, the Cobden Twenty 20 Vision Community Plan and the impact of broader economic changes, including as a result of COVID-19.
Focus of the Cobden Structure Plan
- Designate Cobden as a primary township and a location for growth.
- Enable residential, rural residential, commercial and industrial growth opportunities.
- Establish a settlement boundary.
- Long term protection of Cobden Aerodrome.
- Services planning, especially water and waste water to unlock growth.
- Managing environmental constraints.
- Enhancement of gateway entrances, public open spaces and physical environments.
Towards a structure plan for Cobden: Discussion paper
Council has prepared a discussion paper as part of the next stage of preparing the structure plan. The discussion paper sets out key themes and emerging directions being considered for inclusion into the structure plan.
Council is consulting on the discussion paper to seek community views before a draft structure plan is prepared.
Discussion paper(PDF, 16MB)
Tell us what you think
Council wants to know what you think about the emerging directions. You can tell us what you think in several ways.
| Consultation sessions
| Wednesday 25 May
Cobden Civic Hall
| Thursday 26 May
Curdie St, Cobden
|Tuesday 7 June
56 Curdie Street
Feedback closes 5 pm, Friday 24 June 2022.
If you haven't had a chance to read the Cobden Structure plan you but still want to have your say fill out this survey. The survey below is for those who would like to provide in depth feedback.
Click here to view form.