The Live Well Project is a Corangamite Shire led project funded by an Age-Friendly Communities grant of $100,000 from the Victorian State Government. The project will run from May 2017-March 2019.
- The Live Well Project Goal: To shine a light on social connection through life-long learning, physical activity, the arts and volunteering so that individuals live well and communities become more age-friendly.
Click here to download our Fact Sheet(PDF, 780KB)
OUR WEB PAGE WILL EVOLVE AS THE PROJECT DEVELOPS. PLEASE COME BACK SOON.
Jon Sedgley, Aged & Disability Services Coordinator Corangamite Shire (Chair)
Garry Moorfield, Community Development Officer, Corangamite Shire
Lucy Vesey - Recreation Development Officer, Corangamite Shire
Emily Mercer - Co-ordinator Camperdown Community House
Melissa Mitchell, Director of Primary Healthcare, Terang Mortlake Health Service
Debra Smith – Co-ordinator Simpson Community House
Jason Kelly - Alzheimer’s Australia Vic
Karen Cameron, Active Healthy Ageing Advisor, Department of Health and Human Services Victoria
Val Lang – Community member
Gary Kimber – Community member
Clare Vaughan - Age Friendly Communities Project Officer, Corangamite Shire
Age-friendly communities are places where people stay involved in community life, enjoy good health and feel safe. They are also communities where older people are treated with respect and feel they can contribute and belong.
Join the 100’s of residents on the ‘Friends of the Live Well Project’ email list by sending a request to Clare Vaughan at email@example.com
Follow the Live Well Project on social media and share our posts www.facebook.com/CorangamiteShire
Fliers for community events and activities can be found below.
- Taking Care of your Brain(PDF, 470KB) – Community Information Sessions, Wed 21 &Thurs 22 March
- LIVE WELL Cobden & District afternoon tea(PDF, 228KB) Thursday 15 March, 1.30-3 pm at Cobden Civic Hall
- Tone Deaf Choir(PDF, 59KB) - Mondays 3.30-5 pm Grimwade Room, Lismore Community Health
- LIVE WELL Camperdown & District morning tea(PDF, 392KB) Thursday 22 February, 1.30-3 pm at Camperdown Guide Hall
- LIVE WELL Terang & District morning tea(PDF, 391KB) Wednesday 15 November, 10.30 am at Terang Senior Citizens Centre
- LIVE WELL Northern Districts afternoon tea(PDF, 409KB) Tuesday 14 November, 1.30-3 pm at Mt Elephant Visitor Centre
- LIVE WELL Timboon & District afternoon tea(PDF, 332KB) Tuesday 31 October, 1.30-3 pm at Timboon Healthcare