Knowing your neighbour has never been more important, so Corangamite Shire is looking to support Neighbour Day events on Sunday 28 March.
Communities where people know each other are reported to have better mental health, are safer for children, and more resilient when disasters strike.
Corangamite Shire will support residents, like you, to host a neighbourhood gathering within the confines of COVID number restrictions to connect and strengthen relationships, paving the way for mutual support.
Neighbour Day events must be in a public place such as a local park, large nature strip, playground, lakes edge, botanical gardens or private residences, ideally your front lawn or driveway.
By registering your Neighbour Day event, you will receive:
- Event Kit (invitations/postcards/posters/name tags) as per Neighbour Day online resources.
- An event checklist.
- The first 30 parties registered will receive a selection of items to support a BBQ up to $50 from your local supermarket.
- Registered gatherings will have the opportunity to win a live musician to play at the event (only available between 1 pm and 4 pm).
- All registered Neighbour Day gatherings will go into a draw to win from our selection of fun outdoor games (e.g. totem tennis) for their gathering.
With current restrictions, no COVIDSafe event plan or checklist is required for public gatherings up to 100 people or private gatherings up to 30 people; however, this is subject to change. Council will support hosts with COVIDSafe event if required. You can view the current COVIDSafe restrictions here: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-summer
Registrations close 8 pm March 18 2021.
Terms and conditions
- Neighbour Day events must occur on Sunday 28 March 2021 to be eligible for funding.
- I agree to notify all my neighbours of the event using the Neighbour Day invite template.
- Participants must adhere to all DHHS guidelines and COVID-19 restrictions while attending or hosting the event. For more information, please go to the DHHS website www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
- I agree to complete a COVIDSafe Event Plan and checklist if required by the Victorian Government.
- All goods purchased with supermarket vouchers will be solely for the Neighbour Day event.
- Neighbour Day events must occur at a public place (e.g. local park or nature strip), or private residences (e.g. front lawn or driveway).
- I agree to assist the Corangamite Shire Council with feedback and photographs of your Neighbour Day event.
- An employee of Corangamite Shire may visit Neighbour Day events.
Register your Neighbour Day gathering here