The application process
Applicants must obtain a position description to learn more about the skills and qualifications required for the role. The position description can be downloaded or obtained by contacting the Human Resources Department on 5593 7124. Read more >>
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS
- Self-employed contractors
- Home Based or In-Venue
- Individual hourly rate within service fee schedule
- Flexible days/hours
Early Childhood educators needed for both full day or after kinder/after school part day care. Great income opportunities for anyone interested in becoming an early childhood educator either in-venue or in-home.
You will need:
- Knowledge and experience caring for children
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Certificate III in Children’s Services or willingness to obtain on the job qualification.
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to ongoing quality improvement
- Willingness and ability to plan an appropriate program within the Early Years Learning Framework
- Commitment to confidentiality
- A current National Police Check and Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER - TERANG CHILDREN'S CENTRE
Are you an experienced Early Childhood Teacher looking for a new challenge?
Corangamite Shire Council is seeking a dynamic and innovative early childhood leader to lead the funded kindergarten program at the new Terang Children's Centre.
We are looking for a highly capable Early Childhood Teacher who is:
- Passionate about promoting children's voices
- Able to deliver a child focussed educational program
- Committed to the wellbeing of families
- Dedicated to embedding community engagement in children's programs
- Able to work effectively in a multiservice team
- An excellent communicator
- A strong, solution focused leader who will set the benchmark for early childhood education in Corangamite Shire
You will need a:
- Current VIT registration as an Early Childhood Teacher
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood or equivalent degree qualification in accordance with requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma training)
- Working knowledge of the Regulations, standards, frameworks and codes
- Demonstrated experience of work in early childhood services
- Current National Police Check
The Terang Children's Centre is a 'children's hub' that provides a range of services and programs for children and their families. Programs currently include funded four year old kindergarten programs, three year old program, maternal and child health and supported playgroup.
Our vision is to create a quality, contemporary, community focused early childhood centre. This Early Childhood Teacher position is a key role in the Centre.
This ongoing position will commence in Term 1 2017, working 29 hours per week (hours are dependent upon enrolements and funding).
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 28 October 2016
LABOURER - PARKS & GARDENS
- Permanent Full-time
- Based from Camperdown
- Band 2 Level A - commencing salary $26.9105 per hour (inclusive of an Industry Allowance)
- 9 Day Fortnight
As a member of Council's Parks and Gardens team you will be responsible for the maintenance of parks / gardens and streetscapes throughout the Shire.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A current Victorian Driver's Licence
- A Construction Induction Card
- An ability to perform manual tasks
- Experience in the safe operation of plant and equipment
- Experience in garden maintenance desirable
- National Police Check clearance or willingness to obtain
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 4 November 2016