Corangamite Shire’s Building Department provides assistance and advice about construction, demolition, alteration, extension or change of use for all types of buildings within the Shire. Its services include the issuing of building permits, occupancy permits, certificates of final inspection, mandatory building inspections and technical information in accordance with the Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2006. This includes both domestic and commercial projects, ranging from garden sheds or verandas to the largest office building or factory.
Building services role is to ensure buildings and other constructions and works are safe and the community is protected. These services are available to all residents and property owners, builders, developers and designers in Corangamite Shire and can help with safety guidelines about buildings, pools and spas, decks, fences, retaining walls, safe removal of asbestos, fire protection measures and new construction of any kind.
This section of the site outlines Council’s building processes, services and commonly asked questions.
- What Is the Difference Between a Building Permit and a Planning Permit?
- Do I Need A Building Permit?
- What is the Difference between a Municipal Building Surveyor and a Private Building Surveyors?
- How to Apply for a Building Permit?
- What is an Owner Builder?
- What If I Carry Out Works without a Building Permit?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an Event Permit (PoPES & Temporary Structure Permits)?
- Requesting Copies of Building Permit Documents and Plans
- Expiry of Building Permits
- Building Forms and Resources
- Contact a Building Officer